Asian Sweetcorn Soup2013-03-26
- Yield : 2
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This Asian soup is very nutritious and tastes the best in September when the corn is the juiciest. Prawns and the stock together with the sweet corn and vegetables, seasoned and coated with the spicy Thai curry make a delicious dinner for the whole family!
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200g sweet corn (sliced off the cob)
- 16 pieces cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 200 g prawns (raw, peeled)
- 500 ml chicken/vegetable stock
- small bunch coriander (roughly chopped)
Heat the red curry paste in a saucepan until it starts to sizzle in its own oil.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
Stir in the corn and cook for another 3 minutes.
Tip in the cherry tomatoes and prawns and continue cooking for a minute.
Add the stock and then stir in the coriander.