Fragrant Thai Prawns2013-04-25
- Yield : 2
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 55m
This Fragrant Thai Prawn recipe is very easy to prepare and makes a flavorful Thai-style dish. It is aesthetically very pleasing and appetizing and makes a great lunch you can enjoy with your friends!
- 20 pieces king prawns (raw)
- 1 small piece shallot (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 piece red chili (seeded, finely chopped)
- 2.5cm piece ginger (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1 stem lemongrass (finely chopped)
- handful of fresh mint (finely chopped)
- handful of coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 lime - zest and juice
Put all chopped ingredients into a bowl, add the olive oil along with the lime zest and juice, then mix everything well. Leave for 30 minutes for the flavors to mingle.
Remove heads and peel shells from prawns but leave tails on.
Put in the marinade and cook on high-heated barbecue for a minute each side until they turn to pink and are ready to serve.