Green Curry with Prawns2013-04-18
- Yield : 2
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
This delicious low-fat green curry is very simple to make as it takes only 15 minutes and gives you an aromatic, flavorful and yummy result. It is even better when served with steamed basmati rice.
- 3cm ginger (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 2-3 green chili (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 cardamon pods (split, seeds crushed)
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 165 ml coconut milk (half-fat)
- a large bunch of coriander (finely chopped)
- a small bunch of mint (finely chopped)
- 400 g prawns (raw, peeled)
Make a paste with ginger, garlic, onion, chillies and all of the spices using a food processor. Add water if needed.
Fry the paste in the preheated oil for 5 minutes until fragrant.
Add the stock and coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes.
Add the herbs and prawns and let simmer for another 3 minutes until prawns are cooked and ready to serve.